Monday 15 February 2010

My passion

Books have always had an impact on my thinking, either my view on life or myself. I like to reflect afterwards. I love how a really good story can make you feel warm inside. The ones that draw you in, where you are the main character and your own life gets left behind.



I like to read in silence – that is no outside noise. I don’t mind listening to my ipod – I use it to drown out everyone else. Books need to be concentrated on, so you can easily slip into another world for five minutes, half an hour or a whole day!



Some of my favourite places are libraries and bookshops where I’m surrounded by endless possibilities. Do I want to be in the past, present or future? Teenage, crime, fantasy, chick lit, action or everyday life? Classic or modern?



My ambition is to own a house with its own library, involving a swinging ladder, like in Beauty and the Beast. Then I’d have window seats, cosy chairs, a big four poster bed, a swing chair in my garden and a beautifully carved bench – all for the pleasure of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment